To top the pancakes I used of course maple syrup, but I also like chocolate syrup with this pancakes. The other good idea is eating them with yogurt if you don’t like to eat a lot of calories at one time. When making the batter, remember that it is good to use two separate bowls and to have fresh ingredients. I am sure that thanks to this your pancakes will be tastier. To make these strawberry pancakes I used milk but you can use buttermilk instead of this or yogurt. Here is the recipe for delicious strawberry pancakes:
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make homemade strawberry pancakes:
- In one bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix egg, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- Then, make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into this well.
- Whisk wet ingredients and dry ingredients until combined, but don’t over mix the batter! It can have some lumps remaining. The will disappear during the cooking.
- Add strawberries.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle over medium high heat and brush it with few drops of oil.
- When frying pan is hot enough, pour about ¼ cup of the batter on the surface of the frying pan.
- Cook pancake on one side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Then flip and cook again for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and with desired topping.